Here are some of the conference presentations and seminar papers that I have either given or will soon be giving:
- “The Communion of Clouds: A Reading of Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians,” an invited lecture. The University of Tokyo. JAPAN. 25 May, 2018.
- “Object-Oriented Philosophy and the Art of Literary Criticism,” an invited lecture given at The Society of Fellows Lecture Series. The University of Hong Kong, HK. 9 April, 2018.
- “The Date in the Hong Kong Imaginaire,” an invited seminar paper presented at the CCASEA (HK) Symposium. City University, HK. 12 December, 2017 (with Eli Sorensen).
- “Writing at the End of Capitalism,” an invited seminar paper presented at the Department of English Studies Seminar Series. Durham University, UK. 8 November, 2017.
- “The Utopian Quality of Hong Kong’s Schizo-Identity,” a keynote address at The Humanities PGR Conference 2017. University of Exeter, UK. 12-13 June, 2017.
- “A Third Way – Creative Criticism,” a keynote address at PolyU Writing Roundtable 2017. Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK. 19 May, 2017.
- “Living in the West, thinking of the East –when locality becomes a hyperobject,” a conference paper presented at East/West: Ruptures & Convergences. University of Malaya, MALAYSIA. 1-2 December, 2016.
- “The Becoming-woman of Coetzee’s Magistrate: A Reading of Waiting for the Barbarians,” an invited conference paper presented at Reading Coetzee’s Women. Monash University, ITALY. 27-29 September, 2016.
- “Locality as hyperobject – Hong Kong, 2014,” a conference paper presented at In the Regions of Utopia. Newcastle University, UK. 28-30 June, 2015.
- “De-Familiarization and the Act of Reading World Literature,” an invited conference paper presented at Deleuze’s Cultural Encounters with the New Humanities. Shue Yan University, HK. 9-12 June, 2014.
- “The African Supernatural and an Ontology of Difference,” a conference paper presented at The Association for the Study of Literature and Environment, UK and Ireland: Haunted Landscapes. Falmouth University, UK. 8 March, 2014.
- “The Inevitable Migration: World Literature,” a conference paper presented at The British Comparative Literature Association Conference: Migration. University of Essex, UK. 8-13 July, 2013.
- “Pepetela’s The Return of the Water Spirit: Deleuze, Desire, and the State,” a conference paper presented at 2012 Kaifeng International Deleuze Conference. Kaifeng, CHINA. 18-22 May, 2012.
- “The Trace in Dambudzo Marechera’s The House of Hunger,” a conference paper presented at New Critical Perspectives on the Trace. Malaga, SPAIN. 20-22 October, 2011.
- “The Ethical Moment of Crisis: Dambudzo Marechera’s Black Sunlight,” a conference paper presented at the 4thInternational Deleuze Studies Conference: Creation, Crisis, Critique. Copenhagen, DENMARK. 27-29 June, 2011.