Here you can find links to a selection of some of the more recent journal articles and book chapters that I have written:
- (forthcoming). “J.G. Ballard’s Shanghai” in L. Bernstein and C. Cheng (eds). Revealing/Reveiling Shanghai: Cultural Representations from the 20th and 21st Centuries, TBC. New York: SUNY Press.
- (June, 2018). “Defamiliarization and the Act of Reading World Literature” in R. Braidotti, K.Y. Wong, and A.K.S. Chan (eds). Deleuze and the Humanities: East and West, 11-26. London & New York: Rowman & Littlefield International, 2018.
- “The Communion of Clouds: Becoming-woman in Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians,” Australian Literary Studies: Special Issue on J.M. Coetzee, vol. 33 no. 1 (2018). https://doi.org/10.20314/als.23561c8f3f.
- “Writing from the Outside? Post-1997 Expatriate Writing in Hong Kong,” Wasafiri, vol. 32 no. 3 (2017): 18-24 (with David Huddart).
- “On World Literature: When Goethe Met Boltzmann,” Textual Practice, vol. 28 no. 6 (2014): 1015-1033.
- “Pepetela’s Proposal: Desire and Anarchy in The Return of the Water Spirit,” African Identities, vol. 11 no. 4 (2013): 343-352.
- “The Man without Others: Deleuze’s Structure-Other,” IAFOR Journal of Ethics, Religion & Philosophy, vol. 1 no. 1 (2013): 11-19.
- “Uncertainty and the Future: A Reading of V.V. Ganeshananthan’s Love Marriage,” South Asian Review, vol. 33 no. 3 (2012): 155-170.
- “Becoming-Nomad: Territorialisation and Resistance in J.M. Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians” in P. Patton and S. Bignall (eds). Deleuze and the Postcolonial, 183-200. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2010.
- “Organization and the Continuum: History in Vandana Singh’s ‘Delhi’” in E. Hoagland and R. Sarwal (eds). The Postcolonial Wondrous: Science Fiction, Imperialism, and the Third World, 65-76. Jefferson, NC: McFarland Press, 2010.